|Turmeric crop reached a height of 5 feet in places|
- We planted turmeric during monsoon season, 2006.
- Turmeric is not usually grown in our area.
- Turmeric is a food spice and also a medicine (nature's antibiotic)
- We planted the small section of quarter acre (0.1 ha) between the Agni Shala and the Yajnya Shala.
- We sprayed the crop several times during the season with Biosol solution.
- Biosol is an important part of Homa Organic Farming. It is a very powerful natural fertilizer which contains Agnihotra ash.
- After 8 months the crop was ready for harvesting.
- Harvest from quarter acre yielded 1.52 tonnes which means 6.1 tonnes per acre
- Average dryland harvest with agro-chemicals is about 4 tonnes per acre.
- No artificial agro-chemicals are used on a Homa Farm.
|Harvesting the turmeric|